Lead Systems Officer – (Defence)
£50,000 – £70,000 + Progression + Benefits
Bristol or Stevenage
Are you a Systems officer with experience in technical leadership, with an interest in Aerospace/Defence? Are you looking for a role offering incredible flexibility, an industry leading salary and the opportunity to work for a Global leader in their field?
Due to continued growth and the securing of new contracts, my client is looking to hire a number of Systems engineers, working on a major Defence contract. The successful candidate will be working with major Defence clients fulfil their requirements. Clients include Airbus and Rolls Royce so this is definitely a fantastic role and an exciting time to join the company!
You will act as the focal point between your client and the business; both the systems engineering team and other business lines. Together with the project manager you will scope, plan and technically oversee activities performed in support of our client’s projects. You will be pro-active in identifying options for improving our service and contributing to successful outcomes.
- Ensure current systems work correctly and suggest amendments to improve the offering to clients.
- Developing strategies to support multiple client projects at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Contribute to successful delivery of desired outcomes and growth of the account.
- Supporting the team with technical and project direction where needed.
- Communicating the underlying principles of systems thinking and engineering.
- Consulting with stakeholders to elicit and manage their needs and define requirements.
- Developing improvement initiatives involving new business structures, processes and training programmes.
- Experience of managing senior stakeholder relationships.
- Recognised expertise in complex, guided weapons systems and technologies.
- Experience with industry-standard systems engineering processes, tools and techniques throughout the entire lifecycle from concept phase to in-service,
- Proven technical knowledge of the systems engineering lifecycle, including requirements management and system design process (including system and sub-system specification) and product validation and verification.
- Experience of technical leadership.
- Experience of Model-Based Systems Engineering and IBM Rational Toolset
- Professional SE certification from an organisation such as INCOSE, or the desire to work towards it
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Account management experience.
For further details, please click apply and contact – BRANDON HEWITT-HUNT – REF1808 – 0117 4620486.
Systems engineer, engineer, systems engineering, Checking, Engineering, Aerospace, Aviation, Inventor, Solidworks, GD&T, NX, Catia, 2D, 3D, Mechanical Design, 3DCS, MECAmaster, Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Newport, Chepstow, Somerset, Gloucester, Avon ,Stevenage, Watford, North London, Luton